Monday, April 19, 2010

Pictures, Oklahoma City Bombing After 15 Years

cross-posted from Sum of Change

At 9:01 on April 19th, 1995, it was a typical day in Oklahoma City. By 9:03, the entire side of a building had been demolished in an act of heinous, domestic terrorism. It was premeditated mass-murder by an anti-government, gun-nut, who wanted to see payback after the incident at Waco, Texas.

It just happened that I was driving across the country this weekend. On Friday, I visited the Clinton Library in Little Rock, where I came across an exhibit on the Oklahoma City bombing. It struck me that the anniversary was coming up, the Timothy McVeigh tapes are being released, and I would be driving from Little Rock right through Oklahoma City on my way to Albuquerque. And so, I am able to bring you this picture slideshow on this anniversary.

"May all who leave here know the impact of violence."

blog comments powered by Disqus