Thursday, August 13, 2009

(VIDEO) Netroots Nation in Pittsburgh, Day 1

6:50pm - I finally found a minute to sit down and type up some thoughts on my first trip to Netroots Nation. We are close to done with day 1 of filming. We filmed 8 panels, interviewed a handful panelists, and are prepping to film President Bill Clinton's keynote address. Below, you will find a play list of day 1 coverage, including interviews with Greg Dworking (DemFromCT), Nate Silver, Congresswoman Donna Edwards, Monique Hoeflinger, and Michael Wilson:







7:56pm - I'm sitting on the press rise, getting ready for President Clinton's speech. This is a big moment for me, as President Clinton inspired me at an early age and sparked my interest in politics. As I got older, and watched the Bush administration reek havoc on our nation, I studied the Clinton administration (which I was too young to fully comprehend during his two terms). This is the first time I have ever seen him give a speech in person. The crowd has filled the room, it's time for me to check my gear one more time. As I look out over a crowd of bloggers and blog enthusiasts, fellow kossacks, I can only feel pride.

8:30pm - Judd Legum, from ThinkProgress just took the stage.

8:37pm - Debra Bowen just too the stage. #socialvoter

9:20pm - I am an activist by nature, not a reporter. So you can imagine the odd feeling I have as I sit in the only section of the hall that no one claps in. No nodding heads, no chanting, no applause. Surrounding us on all sides, are lefty bloggers who take no measures to restrain their... Oh crap, Markos just walked right by me. I was ready to leap off the high rise.

Check back at SumofChange.com/NetrootsNation all weekend for Netroots Nation coverage.
blog comments powered by Disqus