Friday, April 16, 2010

Tips and Tales from the Road

KYou may or may not know that yesterday I took off for a cross-country road trip!!! Anyways, I'll be visiting some great places and meeting up with some great people over the next few weeks. I'll try to keep you all updated along the way.

Just got in to my first motel 6 on the trip, so now sounds like a good time for some road tripping Urquhart-style trips.

1: This actually comes from my brother, and is really a cooler tip, but I brought a cooler of food so it is relevant. Before you buy ice or ice-packs, try freezing some water bottles, or even stuff like vitamin water and gatorade. Once frozen, these bottles will work to keep the cooler cold just as well as ice or ice-packs. The great thing is they don't leave a huge pool of water to dump out when they melt, and you don't lose valuable cooler space. I swear, try it once and you will be hooked. Sadly, my motel six has no fridge in the room, but they have free ice and if it wasn't late I would fill my empty bottle with ice instead of just dumping it in the cooler.

2: Before you leave, ask a handful of friends what the last three bands they listened to are, then go out and get as much of it as you can. I was able to find complete discographies for most of the bands my friends mentioned, loading my Droid with oodles of new albums. You can also then pump all the bands your friends mentioned into a playlist on Pandora, creating a huge list unique to that specific road trip.

3: The Droid rocks. Okay not really a tip but it does. I just finished writing this and published it from the Droid.
blog comments powered by Disqus