In coordination with the lobbying in Washington, DC, supporters across the nation will be sending in letters and emails, and making calls. You can participate too, and you can start by signing this petition.
Next, you can check out this email that's been making the rounds(if you haven't already seen it in your mailbox):
Soaring health care costs. Foreclosures on the rise. An uncertain future. And now, a so-called "jobless recovery."
How did this happen? For years, we tried trickle-down economics. And it was a miserable failure.
That's why hundreds of state leaders are in Washington DC TODAY, fighting for the Employee Free Choice Act – so workers can fix our economy from the bottom up.
When more folks can negotiate for better wages, health care, and working conditions by joining a union, things get better for all of us. That’s what this bill is all about.
Over 300 state leaders who support the Employee Free Choice Act are on-the-ground today, meeting with their members of Congress in support of the Employee Free Choice Act. Will you back up their on-the-ground efforts by making quick calls to your senators, right now? It takes about 1 minute per call and makes a huge difference!
Please, make a toll-free call to 1-888-650-9715 and ask to be connected to your senator's office. Tell the staff member who answers the city and state you're calling from, and that you strongly urge your senator to vote for the Employee Free Choice Act.
We need your help to win. Many of the same lobbyists and front groups who are spending $1.5 million a day to defeat health care reform are also spending millions to defeat the Employee Free Choice Act, engaging in the same kind of smear campaigns that are being used to try to kill health care reform.
We're fighting back by sending people to lobby in DC. We need to back them up by OVERWHELMING the Senate switchboard today.
Will you do your part and make a quick call to your senator, right now? Calling takes 1 minute!
1. Dial 1-888-650-9715 to be connected to the Senate switchboard. Once you're connected to your senator's office, the staff member who answers the city and state you're calling from, and that you strongly urge your senator to vote for the Employee Free Choice Act.
2. Most calls end right there, but if you like you might mention:
• The Employee Free Choice Act is a critical piece of our economic recovery.
• If we really want to restore our middle class, workers must be able to bargain, not borrow their way to a better life.
• By making it easier for workers to form unions, the Employee Free Choice Act will level the playing field and help ensure that the economy works for everyone again.
Right now, workers who want a union often face intimidation, delays, stalling tactics, and even are even fired illegally.
Without workers’ freedom to bargain, the economy can’t be rebuilt in a way that guarantees the middle class will be rebuilt with it. The Employee Free Choice Act would put real money into the hands of working families without costing the government a dime.
Thank you for making our Day of Action an undeniable force to pass the Employee Free Choice Act!
We are close on this fight, but if we are going to win, we need to mobilize every last person that we can! This fight is too important.
If you need some inspiration, try this video, another clip of Stewart Acuff: